GEOS department invites applications for the position of one Post-Doctoral researcher from 1st April 2020
The GEOS department, B2R team of the Institut Polytechnique UniLaSalle in France invites applications for the position of
1 Post-Doctoral researcher (m/w/d)
starting from 1st April 2020. The position is funded within a larger EU-Horizon 2020 project for a period of 12 months.
You will work on the “Structural characterisation of Granitic reservoir outcrop analogues using digital data capture and analysis” to contribute to the Variscan geothermal reservoir modelling in granitic and metamorphic rocks, which is part of the H2020 project “Multidisciplinary and multi-context demonstration of EGS exploration and Exploitation Techniques and potentials (MEET)”. Study area is located within the United States (Death Valley, California) territories.
Based on literature, existing maps and, where available, on own previous fieldwork, you will:
- apply quantitative high-resolution, ground and UAV-assisted photogrammetry during field surveys,
- proceed with the field data processing in terms of tectonic evolution, mineralogical and rock microfabric analyses, 3D-fracture network and structural modelling,
- contribute to investigations regarding petrophysical rock properties and reservoir rock-fluid interaction in close cooperation with PhDs and Postdocs at other Universities and Institutions within the MEET-project.
It is expected that you will closely cooperate in lab work with an intensive exchange with the MEET partner Universities.
Your results will have a strong impact on the development of geothermal energy exploration in Europe!
- You completed a PhD, general Geosciences knowledge will be a plus
- You are highly motivated and experienced in field work and digital field surveying
- You are experienced in spatial data analysis (e.g. GIS) and structural 3D-modeling (e.g. Agisoft Photoscan, Metashape, Cloud Compare, Move).
- You are fluent in spoken and written English
- You are highly motivated to publish your results, present them at international project meetings and conferences as well as to complete a PhD-thesis.
- You bring excellent communication skills and enjoy working in interdisciplinary and international teams.
Please send your application, including a specific motivation letter, CV and relevant certificates, all in one single pdf file, by e-mail to Ghislain Trullenque, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application deadline is: 30.03.2020
Please, do not hesitate to contact Dr. Ghislain Trullenque at UniLaSalle (phone: +33 3 44069327, e-mail: email@example.com) if you have any further questions.