IGA Launches ‘Facts for Future’ Webinar Series with Resounding Success
The Hague, 16th November – The International Geothermal Association (IGA) proudly announces the successful launch of its much-anticipated webinar series, “Facts for Future,” which began with a dynamic and insightful session. The series, aimed at highlighting the critical role of data collection and setting standards in the geothermal sector, has started on a high note with vibrant discussions and valuable feedback from experts and participants alike.
The inaugural session of “Facts for Future” saw enthusiastic participation from industry leaders, researchers, and policymakers. It was a testament to the collective commitment to advancing geothermal energy through robust and standardized data practices. The discussions underscored the importance of accurate and comprehensive data collection in driving innovation and informed decision-making in the geothermal sector.
Key takeaways from the kick-off session include:
- Why the International Geothermal Association (IGA) is the Premier Entity for Geothermal Data Collection & Maintenance:
- Global Expertise & Leadership: IGA’s leadership role in organizing major events and initiatives in the geothermal sector.
- Extensive Global Network: Leveraging a diverse network of industry experts for comprehensive data gathering.
- Commitment to Advancement: Dedicated focus on enhancing the development of geothermal energy.
- Standardization & Reliability: Emphasizing the need for standardized data collection methods for accuracy and consistency.
- Proven Track Record: IGA’s successful history in precise and large-scale data projects.
- Educational & Advocacy Role: The critical role of accurate data in effective advocacy and policy-making.
- Alignment with Sustainability: IGA’s data collection initiatives contributing to global sustainability efforts.
The series is set to continue with more exciting sessions. On Wednesday, 22nd November 14:00 UTC, Adele Manzella will lead a discussion focusing on data collection and standards for Geothermal Heating & Cooling. This will be followed by an insightful session on Friday, 24th November 16:00 UTC, with Luis Gutiérrez-Negrín, who will delve deeper into data standards for Geothermal Power generation.
The “Facts for Future” webinar series is more than just a set of discussions; it’s a collaborative platform where ideas, expertise, and visions converge to shape the future of geothermal energy. The IGA invites all stakeholders in the geothermal community to join these webinars and contribute to this vital conversation.
Media contact on behalf of the IGA:
Dr Marit Brommer
Chief Executive Officer
International Geothermal Association
About the IGA:
The International Geothermal Association (IGA), is the leading global industry association focused on the promotion of sustainable geothermal energy as one of the key solutions for reducing the adverse effects of global warming. We generate impact through training, networking and facilitating project development in emerging markets. Our vision is to contribute to a world where people have access to affordable green energy 24/7.
Facts for Future #1 Recording:
Check out the recording on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuWpCml0wkg.
Facts for Future #2 & #3 Registration:
We will share the recording of
You can sign-up for the next “Facts for Future” Webinars here: